Our dedicated team of employment law specialists have extensive experience in advising employers and employees on all aspects of Jersey employment law.
Employment Law Advice for Employers
We understand that a good working relationship with your employees is crucial to the success of your business. We work closely with business owners, management and HR personnel across all industry sectors to create policies and practices which cater to your specific business needs. Our expert lawyers offer commercial, pragmatic and cost-efficient advice on all aspects of employment law documents, policies and procedures throughout the employment life cycle.
What Can We Help With?
We work with our clients offering the assistance employers need in order manage all employment issues properly and efficiently, leaving our clients free to focus on their business.
We advise on all key employment topics, including:
- Reviewing existing employment and service contracts and other contractual documents
- Drafting bespoke employment contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures
- Advice on employee benefits packages
- Health and Safety policies and issues
- Managing disciplinary and grievance hearings, appeals, and employment tribunals
- Capability and performance hearings, appeals and practices
- Training managers on common employment law issues
- Immigration, Visas and Housing matters
- Compliance with the latest employment legislation
- Compliance with diversity, equality and inclusion requirements
- Staff culture and company re-organisations and re-structuring
- Confidentiality and limiting reputational difficulties
- Advising on fair processes for changing terms of employment and staff handbooks
- Employing staff members outside of Jersey
- Redundancy consultations and procedures
Employment Law Advice for Employees
We are here to help our clients to understand their employment rights. Our specialist employment lawyers are here to help clients both at the outset of an employment relationship as well as through challenging times and termination of employment.
What Can We Help With?
Our expert lawyers can help you at every stage of your employment:
Accepting a new role
We provide advice and assistance in the negotiation of the terms of your employment contract and benefits package. We also advise on any relocation queries, including housing status and entitlement.
During your employment
We can support you through performance, capability, disciplinary and grievance processes. Our dedicated team can advise on issues such as harassment, discrimination, victimisation and other disputes.
If you feel you are being treated unfairly or being made to leave your job through a false redundancy process we can help. We provide advice on termination, disengagement, settlement, compromise agreements and claims before the Discrimination and Employment Tribunal.
Employment documents, such as your contract of employment or staff handbook, may contain restrictions on your future activity. The terms of these documents can prohibit you from accepting work with another employer. We advise on the enforceability of these terms and can assist in negotiating their variation with your former employer.
If you trust us with your employment issues we will provide you with clear, concise advice promptly, efficiently and sensitively. We understand that employment issues can be difficult and emotional, both for employers and employees. Our friendly and approachable team aim to provide the support you need when you need it.
We are committed to transparency when it comes to our fees. We offer flexible fee structures and where possible fixed fee options to give our clients choice and certainty.
“Communication and customer management is exceptional” – Employment client, 2022
If you need advice on any aspect of employment law, call us on 01534 760 860.